Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Funerals and Christmas

Trying to channel the absolute peace of Christmas during a funeral is harder than I thought it would be. My plan this year was to have all my shopping done in November so I could enjoy my Advent. That almost happened. I did get the bulk done and am I ever glad. Now these few days when my hubby has been home only to sleep (and even one night away with his dad) have been less stressful and more of a smooth experience. You know, ironing everyones clothes so we have 2 outfits, one for funeral home, one for funeral. Does everyone have shoes? Do we all have black socks without holes? Who needs a haircut? All these chores would normally have to be done anyway in preperation for Christmas Day, but now its just amplified. And thankfully, my focus isn't on 'stuff' its where it needs to be. I will definately do that plan again next year.
Anyway, this song helps me focus on where I need too. I hope it blesses you as well.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: