Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thirst Thursdays

To thirst means to have a desire or need to drink or have an ardent desire (craving, longing). mmmmmmmm...doesn't that sound like the perfect definition for our relationship with our Abba Daddy? At some point in our lives, we all have a thirst. Sometimes we thirst after things that set us in a downward spiral. We hit the bottom and can't quite figure out how to satisfy our thirst on our own. And that's just it, we were never designed that way. The insatiable thirst to KNOW, is deeply rooted in our being. We're reminded, "Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost." Isaiah 55:1-3 but an even better promise is "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." Matthew 5:5-7 and even better yet "Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:34-36 If I could only get that right every day. To never thirst after my needs or my desires ever again...wow. Knowing that Jesus has that covered blesses me. Knowing I can just rest in the beauty of my own peace that surpasses all understanding is where I can rest. He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. Revelation 21:5-7 and "The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life." Revelation 22:16-18 Have you had your free water today?

No comments: