Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Cancer is ugly


I don't like cancer. I hate it. I always say to my kids, "Hate is a very strong word" but that's exactly how I feel about cancer. I know too many people with it, lost some people to it and I hate it. Can I whine about that for just a moment? Its so hard to see really good people go through it and its just a horrible disease. But there are so many victories too...my mom, my aunt...famous people...there are survivors all over the place. So I'm encouraged. God gives us so many places to rest in his comfort, like in the greatest prayer ever written..."Thy will be done on EARTH as it is in HEAVEN." So the promise is for those who will grab hold, that cancer is not in heaven and God's perfect will is that it is not here either. Getting into that perfect will is hard. I imagine for a person dealing with cancer, it would be nearly impossible to get into the mind set when faced with chemo, radiation, pills etc. I'm just trying so hard to stay away from asking 'why' and ask 'what can I do'...'how should I pray'? If this is hard for me, I can only imagine how hard it is for those dealing with it. Give us strength God, wash us with your healing waters. Let us be in a continual waterfall of peace and healing. Bring comfort and good rest to all the families fighting this battle. You have already won Lord, show us how to win too. In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

Kelly Fillion said...

The mind is a powerful healer, maybe the best.