Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 27, 2010

Freedom Friday!!!

Whooo hooo! Another week of bootcamp done! Check week 12 off the list. So a great conversation happened this morning during our stretch time. We've all realized that we're gaining weight. Okay, that was not the plan. The plan was to loose weight. I've gained 5 pounds since starting and a couple of my clothes are fitting tighter. Strange cause I thot muscle was smaller than fat...unless I'm bulking which really, isn't true at all. So, today is research day for me. I want to get to the bottom of this strange thing. It's not just me. Out of all the women this morning, 100% have experienced weight gain. What up wit dat? So in the spirit of freedom friday, I'm feeling actually really great about the fact that it's not just me, but I'm completely uncool with the gain. So, I've decided to post my foods. I journal what I eat anyway, so this is no big deal, but it is a bit more, (okay alot more) public. I think I'm beginning to realize my freedom in my weight isn't tied to a scale but more to how my clothes fit. And even there, it's a bit dicey because I can always buy another size. But measurements don't lie. I know that a woman should never exceed a 35 inch waist and men a 40 inch waist. This has something to do with the kind of belly fat that is very dangerous. So, therein lies freedom. Stay below 35. Done. Eat less, exercise more. Done. Live, love and laugh...be free. Working on it.

Food Journal so far today...

6:20 Protein Shake
6:30 -7:30 2 cups water
8:00 coffee
9:00 1 egg and toast with smidge butter
and 2 cups water

1 comment:

Samantha from Colonial Curve Cottage said...

Friday, August 27, 2010
Jesus Has a Body

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. He called out to them, "Friends, haven't you any fish?" "No," they answered. He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some." When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish. Then the disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, "It is the Lord!" . . . When they landed, they saw a fire of burning coals there with fish on it, and some bread . . . Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast." (John 21:4-12)

Now think about this for a minute. You're the Son of God. You've just accomplished the greatest work of your life, the stunning rescue of mankind. You rose from the dead. What would you do next? Have a cookout with a few friends? It seems so unspiritual, so ordinary. Do you see that eternal life does not become something totally "other," but rather that life goes on- only as it should be?

Jesus did not vanish into a mystical spirituality, becoming one with the cosmic vibration. Jesus has a body, and it's his body. His wounds have been healed, but the scars remain-not gruesome, but lovely, a remembrance of all he did for us. His friends recognize him. They share a bite to eat. This is our future as well- our lives will be healed and we shall go on, never to taste death again.

(Desire , 118)