Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Whatcha Readin?

Its winter...I'm reading. I love books, I think I've said that before. For Christmas, I bought a girlfriend of mine a library. It came with signout cards, a stamper pad and date stamp and a label set. I loved it so much I bought one for myself so I could keep better track of where my books are. Really, its a problem, I love books so much. So, on my night stand I'm reading two books, one fiction, one not. The non-fiction one is called 'The Way of The Wild Heart' by John Eldridge.
Its kind of picking up from 'Wild at Heart'...I recommend every mother of boys to read this, every married woman to read it and every father of sons read this book. Valuable to parenting but more so to healing the masculine heart. So so good. The fiction book is called, Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.
A coukie story of a woman's desire and desperate search for God. So far, she's not getting it very right, but who ever does? A sweet and interesting read, not intellectual, but fun. My morning read is another non-fiction called 'The Rest of God' by Mark Buchanan, a Canadian author.
This book is revolutionising my Sabbath. I finally get it. It's not a book heavy laden with legalism. Its really getting to the heart of rest. No guilt allowed kind of rest. Love it. Read this book with a pencil and a highlighter near by.
So that's me in my cocoon. Curling up and reading...I love books. In case I never told you before.

No comments: