Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 27, 2008

If you were a cartoon character....

who would you be? Its a good question. I read this on some one's blog and it started me to thinking? Who would I be? I know for sure that the most powerful cartoon parenting moment I've ever had was from "Finding Nemo" when Marlin and Dorie were looking for Nemo there's a part where Marlin says to Dorie "I promised I'd never let anything happen to him (Nemo)...and Dorie replies,"Well that wouldn't be any fun for little Elmo" (Nemo)...In itself its not very powerful, but understanding that Marlin parented from a place of fear, it was very true and exactly how I used to parent. But, how neat it is to be free from fear. So my answer used to be that my cartoon character would be Marlin but
now its more like Crush the daddy Turtle who encourages his child to try things and trusts that God has his back!
Well, I added the God part but that's my goal now in parenting. So...what kind of cartoon parent are you?

No comments: