Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Get Voting or not

Today we have Provincial elections and its a beautiful day to vote! I love politics. Crazy, I know, but I just love the process. I love the language and the organization and the ideas. I love the accountability and the idea that I myself am the government and I get a say in the ideas that happen. And, if I actually vote and don't like the results, I feel that I have the right to say something to my MPP (Member of Provincial Parliament for those not in Ontario). So for me, its a fun day. I actually get emotional when I vote because I think of how many before me fought for the right for me to freely do it. Its a huge honor. People lay down their lives for my rights. That continually blows my mind. I don't know how they do it. Do they really know what they're doing? Do they ever really know how blessed we are because of their sacrifice? And the families who sacrifice everything to let them go. Its really incredible. So, if for nothing else, I honor those people who fought for my right to vote. Its hard to think about, but they also fought for my right to choose not to vote. So for those exercising that right today, well, even though I disagree, just think of the soldiers and women who fought for that too. Freedom, its a huge responsibility.

No comments: