Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 11, 2007

50 And Counting


No that's not my age...its my 50th blog post anniversary!!! Wahoo! When I first started this whole thing I wondered if it would be something I did once in awhile and forgot about. But, I love it! So I'm in for another 50, I hope you'll come along.
The election went well, my guy won, but overall the Liberals won the Majority which means another 4 years of gobbley goop. But interesting turn of events, the Opposition Leader, lost his seat. If his caucus won't support him as leader, they will have to have a convention and guess who's name the pundits are throwing around? My guy...Tim Hudak! That would be so great. I think he was born to lead Ontario. And really, how cool would it be to live in the riding the Premier is from. So so cool. Anyway, the Referendum was good too...we keep our current system of governing instead of changing to the non-effective MMP system, which would allow ANY group with an agenda to hold seats in government, which effectively stops government from working. Italy uses this system and anyone who follows politics knows that they are forever held up in making decisions because some party is always in opposition. Its too hard to actually govern. So, the old fashioned, First Past the Post stays. I for one am quite pleased. So, its a good day all over my house. We're packing to go away for a few days and I'll have some great fall "away" shots to bring home and post. I still have the party shots too but my batteries died this week and it was a few days before I got more, so I have yet to download. Anyway, thanks for sharing in my 50th Blog. That's all I have for now. Ciao.

3 comments:

Angel at Aduladi' said...

Congrats on your 50th post! I for one am glad that you keep on posting!!

I am so uneducated on Canadian politics and really should learn more about them (my MIL is from Nova Scotia besides you guys being my northern neighbors country wise!). Thanks for the information to get me jump started!

Samantha from Colonial Curve Cottage said...

mommy i love u so much you are doing really well

Kelly Fillion said...

Congrats! Good job on your blog. Hope you are well, enjoy your fall trip away hope you see lots of pretty colours.